Sunday, February 20, 2011

'Death By Chocolate' Mousse


I made this for Valentine's Day this year. I really wanted to put it in a Heart Shaped Springform pan, but unfortunately, I didn't buy the one I saw and when I went back to the store to buy it, it was gone. And I couldn't find any more.

Death By Chocolate Mousse

21 Oreos
1/4 cup softened butter

1 cup whipping cream
1 pkg (12 oz/350g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
2 cups whipping cream, chilled
1/4 cup sugar

1 cup whipping cream, chilled
1/4 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 inch springform pan. Using a food processor crush the Oreos. Then mix in the butter and blend. Press this into the bottom of the pan. Bake for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool.

Put the chocolate chips, vanilla and salt in the food processor. Bring 1 cup of whipping cream to a boil on the stove. With the food processor running pour the boiling cream slowly into the chocolate mixture. Process until no lumps of chocolate chips remain. Pour into bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.

Add 1/4 cup sugar to 2 cups chilled whipped cream in a metal or ceramic bowl, preferably pre-chilled as well. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into crust. Chill for at least 6 hours.

Just before serving, beat the remaining 1 cup of cream with 1/4 cup of sugar until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon onto the top of the mousse.

As you can see in the picture, I didn't do the last step. My family decided that there was already enough whipping cream involved already. Also, I apologize for not having a better picture. But this was a really, really tasty dark chocolate whipping cream dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment