Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rocky Road Freeze

I made this for some friends a few days ago. They were coming over for dinner one night so I planned on making my dessert the day before because I had to work the day of our 'dinner party'. Unfortunately though, I didn't realize that Cool Whip had to be thawed for 4-5 hours before you can use it and I bought it at 6 pm the night I was planning on making the dessert. So I ended up having to get up at 5:30 AM the morning of the party to make my dessert. But it was worth it! :D

Rocky Road Freeze

1 pkg cream cheese (250g)
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding (one that makes 4 servings)
2 cups Cool Whip
3/4 cup marshmallows
1/3 cup peanuts
1/4 cup chocolate chips
25 Nilla Wafers, chopped

Line circular cake pan with plastic wrap. Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until creamy. Slowly beat in milk. Add pudding mix, beat until blended. Stir in (by hand) Cool Whip, marshmallows, peanuts and chocolate chips. Pour into cake pan. Cover in Nilla wafers. Freeze for 4 hours or so. Thaw for 15 minutes before serving. Turn out onto plate (so that the wafers are on the bottom) and serve with more Cool Whip.

This was amazingly tasty. I think next time though I will make it with a graham cracker crumb or Oreo crumb crust rather than the wafers. I also threw in more peanuts and chocolate chips than the recipe recommended. SOOOO TASTY! It impressed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment