Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cherry Ice Cream

My family has owned an ice cream maker since before I was born but I can't remember ever actually using it. So, when someone suggested that I make cherry ice cream as one of the uses for the 30 cups of cherries I had, I decided to go for it.

For this recipe an Ice Cream maker is required.


1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup cream
1 cup chopped cherries

Beat egg and sugar until thick and cream coloured. Add vanilla, cream and cherries. Mix well. Chill and then follow the instructions for the ice cream maker.

Mmmmm.... home made ice cream. This was very very tasty. It didn't make a lot but enough for 3-4 people to have dessert. And it was so good.

2 comments:

  1. so good. hadn't used that silly machine in over 20 years...but it worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete