Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cola Cake


The recipe for these came off of the Coca-Cola website. My family has been calling this my mystery dessert because I listed the ingredients that we needed from the store without saying what I was making. My family was confused as to what recipe would call for mini marshmallows, Coca-Cola and buttermilk.

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup margarine or butter
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Coca-Cola
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Sift together sugar and flour. Mix in marshmallows. In a sauce pan mix together butter, cocoa, oil and Cola and bring to a boil. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and mix in with the other ingredients along with the eggs and vanilla. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. (I poured it into muffin cups and baked for 20 minutes)

For frosting take your regular recipe and use Coke instead of milk.

I didn't like these very much. I thought they were too moist, more on the gooey side of moist and I couldn't taste the Coke or cocoa at all. But that might be because I'm coming down with a cold. My family could taste the Coke though and they said the cupcakes were pretty good. I don't think I'll make them again anytime soon though.

1 comment:

  1. I would have prefered them to be lighter and chocolatier.

    ReplyDelete