Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vanilla Pretzels


Originally posted June 8, 2009

I made these this afternoon because I had 3 egg yolks left over after the cupcakes I made on Saturday. The recipe's out of my Christmas cookies magazine and I've been eying it for a while.

Plain Vanilla Pretzels

6 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp water
Pearl decorating sugar (I don't know what this is but it's just for decoration so I used icing sugar instead)

Beat butter and flour together. Add in baking powder and salt. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Then gradually add milk and flour. Gather the mixture into two balls and chill for 4-24 hours.

Preheat oven to 350. Pinch off a bit of dough at a time and roll into a rope about 9 inches long on a lightly floured surface. Twist dough into pretzel shape. Beat together final egg and water and brush over pretzels. Sprinkle with decorating sugar. Bake for 13-15 min.

I made these again a few weeks later and I dipped some in chocolate and covered some in sprinkles. The results were pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment